9dot Engineering Inc. is a small dynamic engineering company based out of Nelson, BC, that provides civil and structural engineering support to residential, municipal, commercial, and industrial sectors locally and across Canada. With a focus on construction and specialty engineering, we support projects through all phases from concept to construction.
Our dedicated, close-knit team live our motto of “Work Hard, Play Hard”. We encourage our staff to embrace the healthy lifestyle made possible through the combination of a progressive, flexible work environment and the beautiful, natural environment surrounding Nelson. We place a high value on proactively addressing issues or concerns in a constructive manner and always work to maintain a supportive and inclusive work atmosphere.
We are currently searching for a talented and enthusiastic individual to provide technical drafting support to our senior engineering team. A CAD Drafter with an excellent understanding of AutoCAD, construction practices, and building science would be ideal. Mentorship and supervision will be provided by experienced engineers.
The successful candidate will work up to 40 hours per week, with opportunities for overtime based on demands. Work is project based. We offer a competitive compensation package that is based on experience, as well as a group benefits package, overtime pay, and an annual $500 recreational allowance.
- Create detailed structural engineering documents for steel, concrete, and timber-framed buildings using Autodesk AutoCAD under the direction of a structural engineer;
- Complete and maintain project documentation and file information;
- Support project team with drawings, quantity calculations, and design changes during construction;
- Ensure quality control and accuracy of design for projects by maintaining design/checking notes;
- Proactively and professionally communicate with project leaders, liaise with clients, contractors, consultants, co-workers, and the general public;
- Support structural senior engineers with construction inspections, survey, field services, and review shop drawings;
- Perform a variety of defined assignments with independent judgment;
THE IDEAL CANDIDATE:
You will have very strong AutoCAD skills, be detailed oriented and willing to focus on drafting full-time. Additionally, you will be a team player, hard worker, and fast learner who is intrinsically motivated and looks for ways to contribute to the team.
Your skills and experience should mirror or exceed the following requirements to ensure that you will be able to meet the demands of the position:
- A diploma in drafting, or a high school diploma and equivalent technical design experience;
- Minimum 1-2 years’ experience in architectural and/or structural drafting or related field;
- Advanced drafting experience using standard computer drafting tools;
- Valid Class 5 BC driver’s license;
- Use excellent organization and communication skills in all aspects of job performance;
- Ability to multi-task from project to project;
- Committed to client service and technical excellence;
- Dependable and willing to work extra hours when required.
Valued but not required skills and experience:
To be a good fit for and thrive in our company, you will possess the following skills, abilities, and qualities:
- Knowledge of the practical application of engineering science and technology, including the ability to relate construction practices to a technical design;
- Construction experience.
HOW TO APPLY:
9dot Engineering Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Positions are filled by means of open competition where the selection is based on job-related skills, training, experience, and personal suitability. If you possess the above-mentioned qualifications, experience, and “can do” attitude, we would love to hear from you!
- To apply, please provide a cover letter, resume, and a work sample as one PDF attachment to email@example.com.
- File to be named in the following format: First.Last name_9dotEng_ CAD_Drafting_ Position 2021
- Only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
- Generic applications will not be accepted.
- Position is open until filled.