We are currently searching for a talented and enthusiastic individual to provide design/ drafting support to our senior engineering team across an ever-growing project portfolio. A Junior Design Drafting Technologist with a good understanding of AutoCAD, mechanical pumping, and process piping systems, civil (underground piping and grading) construction practices, and water and wastewater treatment systems would be ideal. Civil Technologist education will be accepted as well.
Due to the current growth and diversity of our portfolio, we may also consider highly technical applications with various specialties, background, and experience in related fields.
The selected candidate will work in a fast-paced, project team environment focused on the design and supply of new water and wastewater plants, upgrading of existing plants, and a variety of research and development projects. Mentorship and supervision will be provided by experienced engineers and technologists.
The successful candidate will work up to 40 hours per week, with opportunities for overtime based on demands. Work is project based. We offer a competitive compensation package that is based on experience, as well as a group dental and extended benefits package, overtime pay, and an annual $500 recreational allowance.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Create detailed construction documents from general conceptual information and design notes using Autodesk AutoCAD;
- Complete and maintain project documentation and file information;
- Support project teams with drawings, quantity calculations, and pump and pipe sizing;
- Ensure quality control and accuracy of design for projects by maintaining design notes;
- Proactively and professionally communicate with project leaders, clients, co-workers, and the general public;
- Work with engineers and contractors to resolve document coordination issues and assist with design changes during construction;
- Perform a variety of defined assignments with independent judgment;
- Proactively advise the team on technical challenges and troubleshooting.
THE IDEAL CANDIDATE:
Our ideal candidate will be a graduate with a diploma from an Engineering Technology program, with a minimum of 2 years of experience providing design and drafting support services. Experience in water and wastewater treatment is preferable. 9dot seeks hard-working dedicated candidates with a demonstrated ability to work effectively in both team and individual environments. Strong written communication and time management skills are a must.
Your skills and experience should mirror or exceed the following requirements to ensure that you will be able to meet the demands of the position:
- Diploma in Engineering Technology or related field;
- The candidate should be registered or eligible for registration with Applied Science Technologists & Technicians of BC;
- Minimum 2 years’ experience in civil and/or mechanical drafting or related field;
- Proficiency with Autodesk AutoCAD;
- Thorough understanding of civil utilities including domestic water, storm, sanitary, gas, and electrical;
- Use excellent organization and communication skills in all aspects of job performance;
- Meet deadlines and work efficiently while managing multiple projects simultaneously;
- Proficiency with MS Office applications;
- Valid Class 5 BC driver’s license;
- Dependable and willing to work extra hours when required.
Desired Skills and Abilities:
To be a good fit for and thrive in our company, you will possess the following skills, abilities, and qualities:
- Hands on construction, water and wastewater treatment experience an asset;
- Strong mechanical aptitude an asset;
- Experience in field data collection practice and reporting;
- Experience with P&IDs, PFDs. industrial plant layouts, equipment/ piping an asset;
- Ability to conceptualize design in three dimensions with an understanding of constructability;
- Committed to client service and technical excellence;
- Ability and ambition for continuous improvement and increased responsibilities;
- Team player, hard worker, and fast learner who is naturally motivated and looks for ways to contribute to the team;
- Engaged, clear thinker who can determine what work is required and can draw rational conclusions from information available.
HOW TO APPLY:
9dot Engineering Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Positions are filled by means of open competition where the selection is based on job-related skills, training, experience, and personal suitability. If you possess the above-mentioned qualifications, experience, and “can do” attitude, we would love to hear from you!
- To apply, please provide a cover letter, resume, project list, and a work sample as one PDF attachment to email@example.com.
- File to be named in the following format: First.Last name_9dotEng_ Tech_Design_ Position 2022
- Only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
- Generic applications will not be accepted.
- Start Date: As soon as possible